I used TAP again but in a slightly different way. Instead of stamping on it, I coloured it with distress inks using a Tim technique. When dry, I transferred the coloured piece onto plain white cotton and some calico. The colours remained vibrant and true although they were a little lighter on the calico which was quite heavy weight.
My tag is cut from two layers of calico and one layer of very lightweight padding just to give it a little extra body. Here's what I made:
|A tag topper was cut from grunge board covered with some book text. This was then die cut twice: once to fit the tag top shape and a second time using a Tim die to add pattern to the edge. The edges were inked.|
|Detail to show the rusty wire, stamped / inked background and the scalloped edges.|