Sunday 26 February 2012

Lovely Holiday

Had a fantastic time in Cyprus with Lillian and Chris - thank you so much to both. Saw some wonderful places and just being a five minute walk from the beach was heaven for me. I've missed crafting but did produce a painted stone for Chris and Lillian - it's a tradition they've started for their garden. Each guest is asked to collect a stone from the local beach and add their name and visit date with any other embellishment and design features they choose. A fab idea I think.  Sadly, I wasn't able to add any of my usual distress ink, acetate etc! Guess who forgot to take a photo of their stone?? I'll try and pinch a copy from his blog 'Set For Cyprus'. I really did love the country and when you are spending time with family who make the whole visit special, it makes for a wonderful experience. When I've finished unpacking, washing etc. I'll upload the pictures of the 'Thank You' card I took with me and left in my room yesterday afternoon - hope they liked it!


Here is my master piece created using Lidl's best acrylic paints -  yes, bought in Lidl's  near Larnaca! It looks just like my local shop and has many of the same products. I wasn't keen on the colours I used but it will look OK in the sunshine under the growing hibiscus hedge (at least I think that's what it was!). You can't see it here but the stone was a gorgeous salmon pink and the ones behind are the whitest stones I've ever seen. The beach was covered with the most wonderful array of stones in fantastic shades - loved it!


4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic way to remember friends who have come to visit. Your stone is lovely. xx (PS. do you know that you have word verification enabled, google have changed it recently and it's a nightmare to decipher) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Suze. To be honest, I have no idea how to get rid of word verification. Can you help on this one? I tried to find it but got completely bogged down with lots of irrelevant rubbish!Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia - don't worry - I had it enabled for ages and didn't realise. This lady explains it very clearly
    http://susangoetter.blogspot.com/2012/02/simple-steps-to-turn-off-word.html
    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh clever you - you've turned it off! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Juliax